Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Amanda's letter this Week

Hello Again :)

This week was a little crazy. On Tuesday Sister Newman and I drove to Riverside so she could go to a leadership trainning meeting. Sister Robinette was my companion for four days out of the week. I love Sister Robinette and it was fun getting back together with my MTC companion. However, we are both every new and are not good with the area. We had a small problem getting back to Temecula from Riverside. It was like putting two small ants in the middle of a big grassy field and telling them to find their way out to the sideway. We tried our best, but when about a hour out of our way. We went the wrong way on teh 215 or 91 or something. Somehow we ended up on the 10 freeway when we should have been on teh 15 freeway. I had to call Sister Eichelberger and Sister Elkins ot look up where we were on Mapquest. It is funny now, but at the time I was stresssing out way bad. I called Sister Reeves (my mission president's wife) as soon as I know how to get home from where we were. She just laught and said I was cute. I know we went over on miles this month. My bad.

Sister Robinette and I didn't get lost once we got to Temecula haha I don't think anyone is going to let us live getting so lost down. We had a great time being companions. We tracked seven hours with week. I think I am getting better at listening to the spirit and being able to give out copies of the Book of Mormon. We tracked into someone named Amanda haha She wants us to come back and talk with her and her husband. I am excited to share the gospel with her and I am glad I found another Amanda in Temecula. I gave my first Law of Chatity lesson. Sister Robinette and I gave it to Selina. Yes she is the one with a 10 month old baby and is not married. I would like everyone to just picture this in your mind... two new missionaries teaching the law of chastity to a 18 year old girl that has a baby haha. It went great. Selina believes that the law of chastity is a commandment from God and that she should live the commandments. She went to the beach over coming to church on Sunday. That means we have to move her baptism date back. She needs to becoming to church inorder to be baptized. I love teh scripture 1 corninthians 10:13. I know know us and doesn't give us anything we cannot handle. That is how I made it through this week :) I know that the Lord is over all.

I was way excited to have Sister Newman back. That way she could be the one stressing over everything and I could stress less. I read a funny door mat it said, "ring the doorbell and run, the dog needs exercise" Saturday Sister Newman and I tracked into a wonderful woman named Bobbie. At first she didn't want anything to do with us, but after we talked awhile she felt the spirit of our message and took a Book of Mormon and told us she would read form it. We gave her almost the whole first lesson on her door step. I love being a missionary and I love sharing the gospel with others. The Lord has really blessed me in my life.

Sunday Tessa and her husband came to churh :) They sat by us. It was amazing how willing they are to follow the teaching of Jesus Christ. One think Tessa has a hard time with is the word of wisdom. So guess what sound we sang of the opening song... We sang In our Lovely Deseret. For those of you that don't know that song all that well, it has a line that says, "tea adn coffee and tobacco they despise, drink no liquor, and they eat but a very little meat" Tessa's husband noticed and pointed it out to her. Sister Newman and I were laughing inside. I guess they got a little pre-show of what our next lesson will be on :)

I read a way cool scripture and changed it a little to fit my life right now. " they [Sister Lusk and Sister Newman] fasted much and prayed much that teh Lord would grant unto them a portion of his spirit to go with them and abide with them, that they might be an instrument in the hands of God to bring, if it were possible, their brethren the [temeculaites], to the knowledge of the truth, to the knowledge of the baseness of teh traditions of their fathers, which were not correct" Alma 17:9

Until next week,
Love Sister Amanda Christine Lusk :)

Mom thank you so much for the package. I loved it :) Thank you thank you thank you. I love the things to put into my water to flavor it and I love stamps. I love you :) You are so great and beautiful. Tell everyone hi for me :) I love you! I am doing really great.

No comments:

Post a Comment