Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

11/1/10

Happy day after Halloween :0


Yesterday night was my first real transfer calls… I was going out of my mind. I really love Temecula and I have been here awhile. I love the member and love working hard. All day I was think about where I could be going and how much I love working with Sister Iwamoto. I have Sister Donaldson who is like my mom on my mission. She is the lady we are living with. She loves spending time with us at breakfast and before we head off to bed. We spend Halloween night with her playing games. After awhile of just thinking about me… I new that I was living because all day and all week I was just thinking about myself. I am just a missionary other missionaries can take my place. It is not up to me it is up to the Lord. 10PM rolls around Saturday night and I am going crazy. Elder Blackett calls and asks Sister Iwamoto to hand me the phone. Right off I told him that I don’t really want to go. He said, “Sister Lusk you are going to… YOUR STAYING” at first I was like what?? I am lost. Then he told both of us that we are STAYING IN TEMECULA I was so happy. Sister Donaldson has waiting up down stair for the phone call. It would have been hard on her to have one of us move out because we have re-placed her kids while they are out at college. I know the day will come when we leave, but for right now I know this is right. I know that God loves me and wants me in Temecula for another six weeks. I am so excited to do more missionary work in Temecula. "... no unhallowed hand can stop [Sister Iwamoto and Sister Lusk] from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame. But the truth of God will go forth..." Let me teach everyone who is in the sound my teaching. I want everyone to come up to Christ :)

For Halloween Sister Iwamoto and I got tries from the Elders and we wear them to the ward activate. It was fun to take picture with the ward members all dressed up. I love my ward. It is the best ward in the world. On Sunday everyone was asking if we got to serve in Temecula one more week. Sister Cate started crying when we told her we get to stay (happy cry). The ward has grown to trust us and love us. It is my first area so I don't think I will ever forget this ward. We are teaching a lot of the families. We make sure we try to get as many of them as we can to be missionaries themselves. We tell them to get their friends to take the missionary lessons.

NEW INVESTIGATOR- Her name is Michelle. She is a wonderful mother and loves the Lord. She is living her life like a Mormon already for the most part. She grow up Catholic and calls herself a Christian now. She has great faith in Jesus Christ. We were able to give her a Book of Mormon and go over the Restoration. The spirit in her home was amazing. I know for a fast that the home is where the family is the strongest. All of you who have a family make sure your home is a place where your kids can find peace.

ANOTHER NEW INVESTIGATOR- Ryan and his wife Julleann. Both are wonderful marines. Julleann is now a full time mother to her two year old daughter. Ryan is still going strong in the marines. Both come from different background of religion, but what to better now God and have one religion they can take Molly too. Molly is so cute. She took off my shoes and put them by the front door where the other shoes where. At least she knows one thing... where the shoes go haha

We had a wonderful sit down lesson with Tessa and Justin. Both of them sat down and listen to us stay something. Really I don't remember what we said. I just remember that we started with a pray to bring in the spirit and when we left Justin said the closing prayer. The Lord has blessed me so much. Missionaries are so blessed my the Lord. The Lord lets us have everything. If we are doing what is right the Lord blesses us. I love being a missionary. I know that I am in the right place with a family that loves me. I go the cutes pictures from my little sister this week. I also got a letter from my parents. Thank you to everyone. You guys are the best. Brittani you look great. I got your picture. You are going to be a wonderful Mother. :)

LOVE SISTER LUSK :)

No comments:

Post a Comment