Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!! 11/29/10

Happy After Thanksgiving,

Yes- if you were wondering missionary work still goes on through the bussy months of Thanksgiving and Christmas. I had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We ate a little at everyones house that we went to. It was funny everyone loves to feed us. We played many games with different families and shared spiritual thoughts. We ate at the Kayls, Donaldsons, Cates, and Dernbach. We had a wonderful day with saying everything we are thankful for. I am thankful for my wonderful family and companion.

I have a new friends Heidi. She is the best. Our home was cool this week. We weren't living in Sister Donaldson's place because she had family staying with her. We didn't understand how blessed we were to have a warm home and a hot showers until we didn't have them anymore. I have been trying harder to see all the blessings that the Lord has given me and Sister Phillips. We have a car and don't have to worry about anything. It was a little rainy this week and we didn't want to track in the rain, but when we thought off all the blessings we have. By the way it didn't rain the whole time we were out tracking. We are truly blessed more then we can see. "Count your many blessing, name them one by one" Funny story... As you read this thing of me laughing... We tracked into this man who was drinking as he opened the door. Once he notices we were missionaries he didn't know what to do with his hand that was holding his beer. He started to talk to us as he held the door open with one hand and the beer pushed up against the wall in the other. When we left we handed him a pass along card... you guessed it he didn't know what to do let go off the beer of the door. It was funny.

One night we pulled in to our home and we were so tired. We didn't our miles stuff and went to walk into the house. hahaha I had parked one house over and we almost walk into the wrong house. Sister Phillips had to back me up and we reparked infront to the right house. It was funny.

We have been teaching many of the ward families. It is amazing how excited they get to see the missionaries. I love hearing them yell out "SISTERS SISTERS" I have been not letting Sister Phillips say much in the lessons. I get so excited and I love teaching. So this week I have been trying my hardest to let her have some of the lesson. How can the Holy Ghost lead the lesson if I don't let anyone else have a part of the lesson. I am doing great. I love all the Christmas lights that are starting to pop up. Christmas is coming fast. I love you all.

LOVE SISTER LUSK

No comments:

Post a Comment