Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

12/27/10

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Christmas eve the Pinson family invited us to have a big fire with food and singing. It was amazing. I loved just being able to listen to everyone else talk. We got to sing and sing and sing. It was wonderful. The Pinson family gave us gifts. It had warm clothes with some pens, note cards, sticky notes, and other missionary stuff. I loved it. We felt like home :) Christmas morning we watch Sister Black's two young kids open up their Christmas gifts. Her little girl said' "This time I got what I wanted" I forgot how excited little kids get to open up gifts. We all need to become like little children. We need to be excited over the simple joys of life. We spent the rest of the day at Sister Donaldson's house. She invited her family, friends, and everyone over to have Christmas lunch/dinner. It was fun. We got to share the Christmas light with non-members. We opened our gifts over at the Donaldson's house. I got to call home. For some reason I thought that everything would have stopped because Sister Lusk(aka ME) was not there... however life still goes on with out me. I know that I am where I need to be. I will jump back into "real life" faster then I know. This Christmas I was not with my family, however I got some much from everyone that it was one of my best Christmas ever. Kailey E. PJ, my Grandparents, my older sister Brittani, Glenn, and many many more people gave me gifts that made my whole Christmas day. Christ gave us the greatest gift, he gave us his life. I love him for that.
2 Nephi 7:6-7
"I gave my back to the smiter, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair. I hid not my face from shame and spitting"
"For the Lord God will help me, therefore shall I not be confounded. Therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know I shall not be ashamed"

I am nothing. I will just give my life over to the Lord. I love training Sister Jacobson. She is really nice. She was already a missionary before she came out here. I am just leading her along. She came trained. Sister Phillips is loving Temecula. It is weird to be in a three-some. Think of what you might do with three missionaries are knocking at your door.... Yeah it is weird. However we are lead by the spirit more. We have heaven sent questions with testimonies to back them up. It is great.

We met with Carole and Ron. Carole had some good questions about why we have Christmas on December 25th and not on April 6th with Christ was born. We asked Bishop Pinson then went back to answer her question. We love answering questions... Well I love answering questions. That is how the Lord helps us lean and grow. We have to ask then find out for ourselves what we believe and know. Just like Joseph Smith did. He had a question then asked God to know the answer. If we really want to know and ask we will get an answer.

Yesterday we were tracking... I LOVE TALKING TO PEOPLE ABOUT THE GOSPEL!!!!!!!!!!!!! We haven't been able to go out at the start of the week because it was raining so hard. We were talking to everyone we could see. One man talked to us for awhile. We left him with a pamphlet then went to the next house. Sister Jacobson kept thinking we should have left him a Book of Mormon. So... you guessed it... we walked back over to his house and gave him that Book of Mormon. I believe that the Lord know the hearts of his children. We need to always follow the spirit and just do it. One day maybe he will read it or it will fall into the hands of someone else. I just know we did our part.

Thank you to everyone that made my Christmas great. I love you all. I am doing wonderful. I love my mission. I love my companions. I love Temecula.

From Sister Amanda Lusk

No comments:

Post a Comment